Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Chad Jones: Inspiration


I have a blog that's in progress, and it's about Chad Jones. His story hasn't ended, so I guess that blog hasn't ended either, waiting for the day he finally made the Giants roster and took his first professional snaps... But that never happened.. In May the Giants had to cut Chad Jones nearly two years after he almost lost his left leg, due to a failed physical. This was anticipated, but didn't deter his resolve. At the time, he wasn't ready... Yet. But he believes he will be, and so do I. I don't know what it is about him, or about the story - but I've followed it religiously since the day it happened. And it doesn't matter if the story is a Twitter update short or it's 3 pages long, without fail I end up with tears in my eyes. I don't think I've ever wanted someone to succeed more than this guy, but with everything he's gone through and all the work he's put in how could you not root for him? Much like I wanted the Giants to sign Mark Herzlich, it's almost a no-brainer to resign Chad Jones when he's ready. He deserves that chance and it's only right his first professional snaps come as a New York Giant, the way they were meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment