Tuesday, November 15, 2011

That's What I Am Fucking Talking About

Washington Post: NEW HAVEN, Conn. - Yale quarterback Patrick Witt has decided to give up the opportunity to compete for a Rhodes Scholarship in order to play against archrival Harvard.

The school announced Sunday that Witt has withdrawn his Rhode application, despite being a finalist for the prestigious scholarship. The scholarship interview had been scheduled for Saturday, the same day as what is simply called “The Game.”

The school had been trying to get the interview moved to Friday. But Witt, a senior transfer from Nebraska, said he decided to withdraw the application because, “My focus this week is solely on preparing for The Game alongside my teammates and coaches.”
 


This story omitted the best quote from Witt, "These assholes won't meet me a day early? Fuck 'em. I'm withdrawing my app."

Finally, a Yale athlete does something awesome. That hasn't happened since Clint Frank won the Heisman in 1937.

Seriously, Rhode Scholarship people? An interview on a Saturday that can't be moved? Really? You assholes can't rearrange your schedule to accommodate this kid? Anyone who wins this scholarship is basically guaranteed to make a bazillion majillion dollars during their lifetime, and you pompous pricks can't help this kid out?

I am 1000% rooting for Yale in The Game.

No comments:

Post a Comment