Sunday, November 6, 2011

Week 9 Picks by Johnny Galt

You may have seen my picks several weeks ago.  They didn't turn out too well.  Since then, I have been lax in posting these up here.  I will try to do better

SAN FRAN -3.5 over Washington

Has anyone been watching the Redskins play?  Who is their starting RB?  Who is their starting QB?  Who is their primary WR?  When was the last time anyone at any of these positions put up some kind of numbers. Week 3?  San Fran is absolutely steam rolling through the NFL right now.  I think they may have replaced Frank Gore with a cyborg after week 2.  I just don't see anyway the Redskins get into the endzone in this game other than one fluke luck play.  San Fran wins this by 10. 

KC - 4 over Miami

KC has been hot.  Their WR core looks strong, they have three different looks in the backfield, and their secondary seems to catch more passes than opponent WRs of late.  Matt Moore doesn't seem like a big upgrade over Carson Palmer, and is definitely no Philip Rivers.  I don't see him having success here. 

ARIZONA -2.5 over St Lous

St Louis won a game.  Hoooray!  They won a game based entirely on an 87 year old RB putting up 150 yards against the worst rush defense in the NFL.  They shouldn't be able to do that against Arizona, who is 13th in that department.  Arizona meanwhile has been playing good games all year.  They beat the Panthers.  They only barely lost to the Giants and Ravens on the road.  I got burned for picking Arizona last time I posted my picks, but I am going back to the well here.  That week was their worst game of the season.  If they lose today I may be the next Madden curse.

Honorable Mention:

PITT -3 over Baltimore

Baltimore has been awful on the road.  Pittsburgh has been filthy at home.  I think this one gets ugly in the Steelers favor.

Seattle +11.5 over DALLAS

Seattle isn't good.  But Dallas isn't too good either.  I think Dallas will win but this spread is just too high. 

Record: 1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment