Monday, September 26, 2011

John Lackey Sucks Because Of A Text Message



ESPN - Asked by Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald, "How do you think you pitched," Lackey veered off topic in a big way.


"Let me tell you the truth," Lackey said. "Thirty minutes before the game I got a text message on my cell phone from one of you, somebody in the media, talking about personal stuff. I shouldn't even have to be standing up here dealing with it.


"I'm sitting here, listening to music. I don't know who got my phone number, but that's over the line.


Last winter, it was reported that Lackey's wife, Krista, was undergoing treatment for breast cancer, and after a particularly rough start in May, Lackey blurted, "Everything in my life sucks right now."


Before meeting with reporters Sunday night, Lackey had a brief but animated discussion with a club official about the text message and how his phone number had gotten out. There were indications Sunday night that a celebrity/gossip website had sent him the text message, but that could not be confirmed. The website TMZ subsequently published an item about Lackey's marriage on Monday morning at 3:55 a.m. ET.


When asked if he suspected anyone standing in front of him, Lackey said, "I'll find out."


He also was asked if the text message had distracted him on the mound.


"I don't believe I've got to deal with this," he said.


Even after the interview broke up, Lackey continued to rage. "I can't believe … Any of you who would get into that is going to have a serious problem."


What a jerk this guy is. Your team is in the middle of the worst collapse baseball has ever seen and you just scratch and claw your way to a 14 inning win because the Yankees got tired and bored and wanted to sleep before going to Tampa and only thing you can do is talk about yourself. If I'm this ugly asshole the very last thing I'd ever want to do is talk about myself. I'm one of the ugliest humans on earth, I sound like I have phlegm for days and I have an ERA of a bazillion. I feel so fucking sorry for you and your multi million dollar bank account because you're such a sensitive human being and all, you must have it so rough playing baseball for a living. I get a hundred texts a day and none of them make me pitch like shit so I don't wanna hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment